Overview of the Cold Recycler
Asphalt cold recycling technology processes old asphalt mixtures taken from asphalt pavement so that it can be used in new mixtures for road paving. This cost-effective and environmentally-friendly technology reduces the amount of raw materials needed while still meeting technical standards for road paving. Using this technology, we've developed and released the GYCBL200 cold recycler, which measures and calculates automatically and accurately so the finished mixture has the right specifications. This asphalt recycling equipment, with its advanced design and reliable performance, combines mechanical, electrical and hydraulic subsystems in one machine, making it ideal for maintaining asphalt pavement and restoring road foundations.
The cold recycler consists of a power supply subsystem, recycled materials hopper, additional materials hopper, feeding belt, emulsified asphalt supply and metering subsystem, water supply and metering subsystem, cement supply and metering subsystem, agitator, belt discharging conveyor, hydraulic and control subsystem, and independent electrical control room.Main Technical Parameters
|Total Weight||14 t|
|Aggregates Bin Capacity||2×6 m3|
|Max. Material Size||45 mm|
|Aggregate Metering Accuracy||≤0.5%|
|Filler Metering Accuracy||≤0.3%|
|Water Metering Accuracy||≤0.3%|
|Emulsified Asphalt Metering Accuracy||≤0.3%|
|Hydraulic Drive Power||110 Kw|
|Total Installed Capacity||145 Kw|
|Materials Charging Height||2.9 m|
|Discharging Height||3.3 m|
|Dimensions||15.8×2.5×3.7 m (in working) 9.5×2.5×2.8 m (in transportation)|
Characteristics of the Cold Recycler
1. The asphalt recycling machine's frame is designed to be easy to install and transport from one construction site to another.
2. The control room is electrically connected to the main working unit by quick coupling and is easy to install and dismantle. An independent modular design makes it flexible enough to be arranged according to the space.
3. Patented bridge belt feeding scale weighs aggregate before feeding to the agitator. Special load cell technology ensures accurate measurement of the volume and weight of aggregate feeding for a stable performance.
4. The cold recycler supports automatic material calculation and measuring out. Powder materials are weighed by a helical balance. The major conveyor is controlled by frequency variables. Water and emulsified asphalt travel through the flow meter and are proportionally pumped into the agitator.
5. A special compulsory agitator with double horizontal shafts from patented technology is used to blend recycled materials evenly for high quality mixtures. The agitator leaves are arranged in a special sequence for continuous, compulsory mixing at certain angles when the liquid boils.
6. PLC and HMI are used to simplify pre-set values for material proportions and start and stop times for every subsystem as well as to monitor the operation state of every subsystem.
7. This cold recycler is driven both electrically and hydraulically with smooth transmission.
8. A high-powered hydraulic system uses stable and practical components from well-known brands.
9. Soft start control device in the main power source allows the equipment to start smoothly, protecting the machine.
10. The variable frequency control device and transducer form a closed loop control system with the main controller for more accurate measuring of materials.
Working Process of the Cold Recycler
Qualified old materials from milled asphalt pavement and new aggregate are loaded into a bin for old material and a bin for new material. Aggregate is then measured and fed to the agitator by belt scale feeder. Water and emulsion are pumped in, measured by a flow meter. Cement is also measured and pumped in by a tubular screw scale. The mixture is compulsorily stirred in the agitator until the qualified mixture is delivered to the load truck by a conveyor belt.
Configurations of the Cold Recycler
1. Power system
The power system is electro-hydraulically driven and has automatic over-current protection. Though small and compact, the high-powered system has an installed gross capacity of 145kW by generator set or field power supply. The hydraulic drive power is 110kW. A soft start device in the electrical system lets the cold recycler start up and shut down stably with a constant power distributor.
Two hoppers (each with a capacity of 6 cubic meters) have an effective loading height of 2900mm and width of 3710mm. A mechanical feed gate opens at a constant rate to feed the proprotioned mixtures of new and old materials from each hopper, while vibrators keep material flowing smoothly. A 60mm square-mesh screen on both hoppers lift and swing open via a hydraulic device.
3. Delivery System
The delivery system for the cold recycler includes an aggregate measurer and mixture unloader.
Driven by an electric motor with frequency modulation, the delivery system loads aggregate from the hopper to the mixer by a wide flat-belt conveyor at maximum capacity of 200 ton per hour and measures out new and old materials at a speed set by the main control panel. The instantaneous and integrating flow rate are shown on the main control panel. The aggregate measurer has an error rate of less than 0.5%.
The mixture unloader, driven by a hydraulic motor with adjustable speeds, uses an embossed belt to convey materials at maximum capacity of 250 tons per hour. The unloader is foldable, making the cold recycler easier to transport, and is steady when unloading mixture, improving its efficiency.
4. Emulsion System
Emulsion from an external storage tank is pumped into the mixer, measured out according to preset input values, and sprayed by an electric motor driven by a variable frequency device. The instantaneous and integrating flow rate are shown on the main control panel. Precision nozzles are assigned in line on a spray bar with variable spray angles for a uniform spray.
5. Cement Measuring System
Cement is measured out according to input values and conveyed from an external storage container to a mixer. The capacity of the conveying and measuring screws can be adjusted as needed and the instantaneous and integrating flow rates are shown on the main control panel.
Maximum inclination is 45°; inlet and outlet use flexible joints.
Arranged horizontally with a precision error rate of less than 0.5% and flexible joints at the inlet and outlet.
6. Water Circuit
Water from an external tank is pumped, measured according to input values, and sprayed. The water pump's electric motor is controlled by a variable frequency device. The instantaneous and integrating flow rates are shown on the main control panel. Precision nozzles are assigned in line on a spray bar with variable spray angles for a uniform spray.
7. Water Cleaning System
High pressure water conveniently flushes the road maintenance equipment, removing dirt and residue through the cold recycler.
8. Agitating System
This continuous, compulsory, inclined and boiling agitating process can handle a capacity of 250 tons per hour and features a strong force and high efficiency and uniformity. Two agitators are synchronously driven by two hydraulic motors and can be manually or automatically powered on and off. The asphalt recycler supports manual regulation of the inclination angle via the main control panel.
9. Electrical Control System
Our cold recyclers are designed with a main control panel that uses a TFT-LCD color display and touch screen for handling in-line operations and feedback, displaying main technical parameters and working data, and automatically controlling the whole process by entering proportion data. The interface is clear and easy to follow. The wiring distribution is marked by wire gauges and the surrounding wiring is fixed. With safety alerts and a good design, the entire control system complies with the GB/T 4064-1983 General Guide for Designing Electrical Equipment to Satisfy Safety Requirements.
10. Hydraulic System
A closed hydraulic system incorporates components from famous brands such as Sauer-Danfoss and Haee. Our hydraulic system is also easy to operate with wiring distribution that conforms to relevant technical standards.
Auxiliary Materials & Facilities Prepared by User
1. Cement and cement bin
2. Emulsion and storage tank
3. Clean water and water container
4. DN50 hose connected to the water container (length depends on customer requirements)
5. DN50 hose connected to the emulsion storage tank (length depends on customer requirements; hose type depends on the emulsion PH)
6. Proportion data
7. Qualified old and new aggregates
8. Wheel loader and transportation vehicle
9. Power supply: Three phase, 380V